Scholarship / Financial aid: at least one unrestricted fellowship of $1,500
- Date: 2013
- Deadline: January 4, 2013
- Open to: graduate students pursuing an EU-related dissertation topic in the academic year 2012-2013
The 2011-2013 EUSA Executive Committee is pleased to announce the 2013 EUSA Haas Fund Fellowship Competition, an annual fellowship for graduate student EU-related dissertation research.
Please note the following stipulations for applicants, who must:
• be pursuing the doctoral degree (PhD) at an accredited institution in any country;
• be writing a dissertation in English;
• have an EU-related, doctoral dissertation topic approved by the professor who will supervise it; and,
• be able to demonstrate clearly the relevance to EU studies of the dissertation topic.
Applicants for this Fellowship should submit:
(1) A one-page letter of application that specifies how the fellowship would be used;
(2) A CV;
(3) A two-page (500 words) précis of the dissertation research project that also explains its relevance
to EU studies; and,
(4) Ask for two letters of support to be sent directly to EUSA. These letters should be from professors
serving on the student’s dissertation committee, and one should be the chair.
- Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the heading “2013 E.B. Haas Fund Fellowship competition.”
- The firm deadline for applications to be received in the EUSA office is January 4, 2013.
- The successful applicant will be notified by February 22, 2011 at the latest, and will receive the grant
- The fellowship will be paid in one lump sum by check and in US dollars only.