The V IFP Essay Competition will deal with Biotechnology and Health Care. Share your opinions through ELSA!
The essays should address the following question:
“Biotechnology and health care”
Biotechnology has made a huge difference in human health care and has now enabled scientists to develop products which can give quicker and more accurate tests, therapies with fewer side effects and vaccines which are safer than ever before.
Although the advantages of biotechnological applications in healthcare seem to be evident, it also raises (new) legal concerns or challenges focusing on human rights in health care, and patenting products derived from the human body.
What are the main issues and answers from a health law perspective?
The best essays will be published on the website of the website of the IFP Essay Competition.
The prizes of the competition will be provided by partners of ELSA:
- Winner: Tuition fee of a Legal English course at the London School of English
- * and one-year subscription of the European Voice.
- Runner up: Tuition fee of the Summer School on Health Law and Ethics in the Erasmus Observatory on Health Law, 2013**
- 2nd runner up: Participation fee in the IFP Final Conference in Gdansk, Poland, May 2013***
- The Winners will be also awarded with the Cambridge ILEC International Legal English book.
Prizes for the winning entries will be presented at the website http://www.elsa-essay-competition.org
Your paper should be submitted online directly to ELSA International (firstname.lastname@example.org) after sending a filled out Essay Competition Registration Form (Please read the full Rules of the IFP Essay Competition for other requirements. )
Deadline for submissions is 23.59 CET February 22th 2013
ELSA wishes the best of luck for all our members interested in writing an essay for the competition