“What will the EU look like in the year 2030?”
Fellows of SEE and the EU – Leadership Development Programme are announcing the call for essay submissions on the topic “Imagine EU 2030”
* your thoughts, expectations and perceptions about European Union are needed… you can write about your views on development of EU in the years to come, or any other relevant aspect: enlargement, deepening of the union, design of institutions, future of the monetary union, role of the EU in the world politics, diversity in EU..
Future begins with the vision we hold now and young generations are crucial for shaping it.
BA and MA students of social sciences and humanities from the universities in Croatia, Greece, Romania, Serbia and Turkey.
- Essays have to be original and unpublished. They should be submitted with the original title reflecting the specific subject of the paper.
- Essays should not exceed 1000 or have less than 600 words.
- The essays are required to be in English.
- Essays should be written in Times New Roman and font size should be 12, with default Microsoft Word margins.
- Writers can submit only one essay. Coauthored essays are not accepted.
- Organizers retain the rights of publishing the essays.
- Essays with short biography and contact details of the author should be submitted to: email@example.com
The call officially starts on November 1, 2012 and is opened until January 1, 2013.
Fifteen best essays will be published in a book and presented at the public conference in February 2013 in Belgrade, Serbia. Author of the best essay will be awarded with the book store gift certificate in the amount of 200 euros. All submissions will be peer-reviewed and judged on originality, structure, strength of arguments, quality of presentation and relevance to the overall topic. Members of the organizing team will contact the winner and the best contributors shortly after the closing of the competition.